NEWTON, Mass. – In its second GNAC contest of the day, the Suffolk volleyball team fell in three sets to Lasell at the Lasers' Athletic Center Saturday afternoon. The defeat came in set scores of 25-21, 27-25 and 25-14.
SCORE: Suffolk 0, Lasell 3
RECORDS: Suffolk (2-5, 1-1 GNAC) | Lasell (2-10, 2-0 GNAC)
SET ONE RECAP (25-21, LASELL)
- A back-and-forth affair was present throughout with three tied scores with the last coming at 16-all.
- Lasell pulled out the 25-21 decision in the end, outscoring Suffolk 9-5 down the stretch.
SET TWO RECAP (27-25, LASELL)
- Suffolk remained in front for the major portion of the frame with a late 23-20 lead.
- The Lasers hung tough and tied the score at 23-all and fourth off set points to complete the comeback, 27-25.
SET THREE RECAP (25-14, LASELL)
- Lasell led a tight set early on 9-8.
- The Lasers ran off six straight points to pull ahead, 15-8.
- Suffolk could not pull closer than six the rest of the way as Lasell put on cruise control to take the set and the match.
- Hannah Fabiano paced Suffolk's attack with nine kills and two aces to go along with five digs.
- Chidera Nwankwo pitched in five kills.
- Talia Lombardo had an all-around outing with 18 assists, four kills, two aces and two digs.
Suffolk steps out of conference action when it heads to Salem State Wednesday, Sept. 19 for a 7 p.m. match.