NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Madison Eucalitto went 3-for-4 at the dish with two RBI and one run score to lead a well-balanced Suffolk softball victory at Albertus Magnus as the Rams defeated the Falcons 6-1 at Celentano Field Thursday afternoon.
SCORE: Suffolk 6, Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Suffolk (20-14, 12-6 GNAC) | ALBERTUS MAGNUS (24-11, 12-5 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENDED
Delaney Sylvester started things off in the top of the second for Suffolk with a one-out solo shot to put the Rams on the board. Two innings later, three Rams runs came in. Jill Pulek, who led off with a single, advanced to second and took third on a ground out to short by Sylvester. A Falcons error let Pulek come in and Eucalitto's triple to right center scored Frost to keep the rally going. Lindsay Pagano plated Eucalitto with a single to make it a 4-0 Suffolk game after 3.5 frames.
In the top of the fifth, Ashley Zulla barreled a homer and Eucalitto collected her second RBI of the day with a single to center field that scored Pulek, who reached on a single once again, stretch Suffolk's lead to 6-0.
Albertus Magnus held the Rams in the seventh and put one on the board in the home half of the inning. Suffolk kept the Falcons quiet from there to grab the 6-1 triumph.
- Eucalitto buoyed a quartet of Rams with multiple hit days. The junior second baseman's three hits feature done triple for two rBI and one run scored.
- Frost, Pulek and Zulla all went 2-for-4 at the dish. Pulek came home twice with Frost and Zulla contributing one RBI and one run apiece.
- Taylor Holmes went the distance in the circle for the Rams. The junior twirler let up just one run on four hits and two walks and sat down four hitters.
- Megan Ferraro suffered the setback for the Falcons, giving up five runs (three earned) on seven hits with three Ks through 4.0 frames.
- Kristen Cunning came out of the Falcons pen and limited the Rams to one run on six hits in 3.0 innings.
- Suffolk won its second straight versus Albertus Magnus, improving to 31-15 all-time versus the Falcons.
- Sylvester knocked her ninth ball out of the park this season, moving in a two-way tie for second in a Suffolk single-season with teammate Pulek.
- The Rams have recorded at least 20 wins under Jaclyn Davis for the last four seasons.
Suffolk wraps up the twin bill at Albertus Magnus at 4 p.m.