WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 19 // 7:00 PM
BOSTON – In the midst of a four-match road swing, the Suffolk volleyball team travels to Salem State Wednesday, Sept. 19 for a 7 p.m. non-conference match.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
In its second GNAC contest of the day, the Suffolk volleyball team fell in three sets to Lasell at the Lasers' Athletics Center Saturday afternoon. The defeated came in set scores of 25-21, 27-25 and 25-14.
MORE READING: Lasell Lasers Volleyball in Three
After splitting its GNAC tri-match at Lasell over the weekend, Suffolk sits 2-5 on the season and 1-1 in conference contests.
Hannah Fabiano and Kayla Barbera each produce over 2.00 kps for the Rams' 8.55 kps attack. Fabiano leads the way with 2.63 kps thanks to a .245 hitting percentage, while Barbera provides 2.10 kps on a .195 connection rate. Barbera is also the main threat at the service line with 0.70 aces per set. Suffolk's setter Talia Lombardo also serves 0.55 aces per set, while holding down setter responsibilities with 6.55 assists per set.
Dakhensey Marcellus anchors Suffolk on the defensive side of the net with 3.82 dps with Barbera and Fabiano adding 1.80 dps and 1.63 dps, respectively.
Salem State took a 5-4 overall record thanks to its straight set victory over Lesley Monday night.
The Vikings sport a well-balanced attack with four different players putting up over 1.00 kps led by Jasmine Severino's 1.83 dps. Darcy McDowell is third on the squad offensively with 1.64 kps, but leads the way on the defensive side of the ball with 2.24 dps. Brynn O'Neill adds 1.76 kps. Morgan Adams is the sole setter with 3.52 assists per set.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- The Suffolk, Salem State series began in 2004.
- The Rams lead the all-time meetings, 11-3.
- Suffolk has won back-to-back wins over Salem including a 3-1 decision last season.
- Suffolk owns both series sweeps in the all-time meetings. The Rams blanked the Vikings in 2006 and 2011.
- Overall the Rams and Vikings have gone to four sets 10 times with Suffolk owning an 8-2 advantage in such meetings.
- Only two matches between Suffolk and Salem State went the full five sets with each team owning one five-set win in the series. The last time the Rams won a five-set match against Salem was in 2013. The Vikings five-set win was in the first-ever meeting between the teams in 2004.
Suffolk wraps up its road swing Saturday, Sept. 22 as it travels across the Boston Commons to visit Emerson for a 2:30 p.m. first serve.