The Suffolk University Athletics Hall of Fame will recognize the outstanding achievements of former athletes, coaches, and others who have played a most significant role in the history of athletics at our University. The names and honors of the inductees will become part of a permanent Athletic Hall of Fame on campus.
- Student Athlete
- An alumnus who participated in varsity intercollegiate competition while pursuing an undergraduate degree and who has completed such a collegiate athletic career no less than five (5) years prior to the year of induction and has distinguished themselves as a student athlete.
- An alumnus (non-student athlete) whose distinguished contributions to Suffolk University Athletics have made a profound impact to the Department and its student athletes. This individual should have a five (5) year waiting period from graduation prior to the year of induction.
- A non-alumni, coach, athletic administrator or college administrator whose distinguished career or profound contribution to Suffolk University Athletics merits induction to this Hall of Fame.
- A team that has distinguished itself by means of notable achievement be it number of wins, conference championship, NCAA or ECAC post season selection or other meritorious criteria as determined by the Selection Committee should be eligible for induction seven (7) years after their year of achievement.
- Election to the Suffolk University Hall of Fame shall take place each academic year with the induction taking place on a date determined appropriate by the Advisory Committee to the College Calendar.
Nominations shall be sought by letter, announcement in the Alumni Magazine, on this Suffolk University Athletic Hall of Fame web page, and by personal contact. Nomination forms shall be used for all qualified nominees. Self nomination shall not be accepted.
Athletic Hall of Fame nominations may be made by Suffolk University Alumni, students, faculty, staff, trustees and members of the general public.
To nominate a person who you feel is worthy of consideration, please fill out the form here.
All nominations will be reviewed by the Hall of Fame Selection Committee.
At the Annual Selection Meeting of the Suffolk University Hall of Fame Advisory Committee at least five (5) but not more than ten (10) members shall be elected by a majority vote of the members attending. A maximum of two (2) teams will be eligible for induction each year.
Special attention shall be given to balancing the eras represented as well as the variety of individuals and sports represented.
A deceased alumni, coach, administrator or player may be elected to the Hall of Fame with that individual’s family member or representative eligible to accept the award.
Notification of Induction
The Director of Athletics shall notify the inductees of their selection by letter and email within ten (10) days of the Annual Selection Meeting.